Thursday, December 6, 2012

So, I have a blog now

Alright, so it seems that I have a blog. I've had one before, but this one is different, mostly in the sense that it's a bit more anonymous. Okay, pretty much all anonymous. Don't ask me why. Perhaps I just wanted to be able to rant without people knowing who I'm talking about (I'd say it was for their sake, but mostly, it's for entirely selfish reasons - I know, I'm a terrible person).

As for why, exactly, I chose the name Monocle Fox... I honestly have no clue. I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time. I'll have to make sure to put an actual, monocled fox in my header. Because anything less would be a disappointment.

So what will this blog be about? Like I said, I'd like to be able to rant about people and things without pointing anyone out, either by name, or simply from the fact that people are surprisingly clever and often manage to figure out just who you're talking about, if they know you (I'm not sure my sarcasm came through on the whole "surprisingly clever"-thing. If not, I'm stating it outright, here. Which defeats the purpose of sarcasm. But I digress.)

With all of this in mind, I personally (and probably slightly narcissistically) believe that whatever I write here is awesome. If not, funny, and if not that, at least thoughtworthy (I'm assuming that's a word, and if not, I'm still going to use it as one). And don't worry, there will not only be rants in this blog. There will also be little short-stories, probably (written by me), fun pics, and - since I'm a huge movie buff - the occasional movie review. Also book-related things. And TV-show related things. Maybe some art-related things (I promise it won't be in a pretentious way).

So, in short, you should really read this blog. You really should. It will make your life more fun. -ish.



No comments:

Post a Comment